- Foundation is crucial, start right.
- Share the same spiritual convictions.
- Build on a relationship driven by the man
- Obey divine order as regards headship of the man
- Cultivate positive and intimate communication.
- Take each other’s feelings into account before doing anything
- Express your feelings, concerns, interests calmly
- Correct her in love
- Unite to solve your problems with respect. Don’t assume the worst. There are many possible reasons for his or her behaviour. Be honest, open come up with solutions together. Promote a common ground
- Encourage dialogue. Allow him complete his sentence before replying. Stay on the subject. Take responsibility for your own responses
- Accept responsibility for your own role in the disagreement. Initiate contact
- Be willing to forgive
- Trust each other. Be trustworthy. Avoid being suspicious.
- Read on marriage. Attend seminars. Shouldn’t we all
- Listen to him and respond with care
- Understand each other
- Give unconditional respect to your husband.
- Appreciate, accept, notice, admire, commend him
- Endure together
- Tolerate each other
- Offer your advice and help if he asks for it
- Don’t correct him in public
- Turn your fights into good ones
- Figure out the real problem, concerns, needs
- Remove barriers to effective listening ego, assumption, defensiveness, impatience,
- In making decisions make use of her opinions, insights and suggestions
- Meet his emotional needs.
- Understand the other person’s point of view
- Be hard working with direction
- Encourage your partner’s dreams and goals
- Be happy with each other’s successes and achievements
- Give unconditional love to your wife. Tell her you love her
- Love his mother
- Spend time together. Share his interests
- Encourage your husband
- Let there be enthusiastic agreement between you
- Let go of wanting to be right. A third position may exist
- Honour your parents
- Don’t think it is greener on the other side
- Be aware and respectful of each other’s differences. Manage these differences
- Appearance matters pay attention to this. Pay compliments to each other
- Support him to create financial security
- Keep each other informed of happenings at end of each day
- Make financial decisions together. Ensure financial intimacy. Be financially responsible
- Be considerate.
- Be positive. View your spouse in a positive light.
- Admit when wrong and apologize
- Do not take it personally
- Figure out what the other person is feeling.
- Protect your partner. Portray your spouse in good light to your family.
- Watch how your attitude and actions impact on your spouse
- Subdue and control your emotions
- Don’t let negative thoughts linger renew your mind replace negative thoughts with positive ones
- Treat your spouse better than you treat anyone else
- Paint the big picture
- Ensure physical intimacy
- Many people have worse problems but prefer to work it out
- Not who is right but what is right
- Control and change yourself to change your spouse.
- Be faithful, do not have an affair, be committed to your own unique and special gift
With the Children
The father should spend quality time with his children. Lead by example. Model Christ, love and fear of God, personal relationship with God
Raise a disciplined family. Do not do what you don’t want your children to do.
Treat your spouse well to teach your children how to manage their own relationships
The mother should model and help her family do what is right. A mother God-fearing, kind, strong, comforting, observant, watchful and protects her children.
Parents should impart and be the pattern of family values of honesty, integrity, self-discipline, self-control, kindness, respect, decorum, diligence, hard work to their children.
Train your children. Discipline them in love. Be firm and positive.
Create family rules together with your younger children on clear boundaries, standards and expectations on moral and ethical conduct, chastity, road safety, good manners, to help them make the right choices.
Build a close knit and affectionate family. Keep the line of communication open and free with your children. Give unconditional love to each child.
Establish structure, guidance, and order in the home
Pray for your children always. Be a praying wife and mother
Pray together as a family