3rd Floor, Ereko House, 15, IPM Road,
Opp. Secretariat Mosque, CBD, Alausa, Ikeja
01-7273544, 08057357860, 08052012374
- Serves as the first port of call for members of the public in distress and those seeking information on their legal rights and responsibilities.
- Provides information and legal advice to Members of the public dealing with:
(i) Agencies of Government, Human Rights Desks, State Welfare Department and other justice sector institutions.
(ii) Organized Private sector particularly on handling of consumer services e.g. Communication, Electricity, Debt and Monetary Claims, Housing issues e.t.c.
(iii) Key Non-governmental Organisations (NGO’s) that handle various cases.
PAC provides information and advice on the following:
- Work benefits / Pensions.
- Employer / Employee matters.
- Violation of Human Rights.
- Environmental and related matters.
- Relationships – Legal Rights and Responsibilities.
- Social welfare / Child Rights.
- Family and Inheritance.
- Land Title registration and ancillary matters.
- Social exclusion / Discrimination.
- Debt and Monetary Claims.
- Consumer Advisory Service and Related Matters
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Offences.
The Public Advice Centre is accessible to all and the services are free without payments.